A headache is not a disease itself but can be a symptom of some underlying health condition. Routine headaches can cause severe problems for many people. Headaches can make you moody, distract you from work, and even make you feel nauseous. We at Preston Family Chiropractor Cary clinic aim to provide an effective solution to your headaches using spinal manipulation. Thousands of people find spinal manipulation an easy and efficient way to cure routine headaches.
What Causes Headaches?
The causes of headaches can vary from person to person. Most headaches are initiated for one of the following reasons:
- Mental or physical stress
- Dust exposure
- Light sensitivity
- Noise pollution
- Food poisoning
- Diabetes mellitus
- Neck or shoulder pain
- Spinal misalignment
In this modern era, a sedentary lifestyle, excessive use of mobile phones, computers, and improper posture results in increased tension in the neck, causing spinal misalignment resulting in increased headaches for the young and elderly alike.
How To Prevent Headaches
Experts at Preston Family Chiropractic clinic suggest adapting these guidelines to prevent the onset of routine headaches:
- Neck tension is the culprit for most of the headaches
- Avoid any stationary position for a long time.
- If you have a sedentary lifestyle that requires sitting or focusing in one place for a long time, stretch your neck every 20-30 minutes.
- Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day by drinking at least 6-8 glasses.
- Avoid clenching your teeth, as this can also give you headaches.
- Sometimes, a particular workout can also be a reason for headaches, figure out the best exercise program for yourself.
Chiropractic Care Can Help You
While chronic use of some painkillers for headaches can cause severe side effects, chiropractic care is a simple yet highly effective method to cure daily life stresses, including migraine/headaches. Chiropractic care is rapidly catching attention for its side-effect free solutions to our everyday health problems.
Spinal Manipulation for Headache Relief
A practical approach is having a chiropractor treat headaches by releasing the neck tension. The neck region of the spinal cord is adjusted using spinal manipulation so that it becomes perfectly aligned with the vertebrae. This alignment relaxes the muscles and relieves headaches as well. Many people respond well to this technique and feel relaxed after the procedure is complete.
Consult our professional chiropractors and book a session for your headache treatment by contacting Preston Chiropractic and Acupuncture at 919-238-5040.